1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 pin connector for hitch spreader

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MadeintheShade, Nov 1, 2012.

1. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

hey guys i've been looking around for the 2 pin power connector boss uses for the plow and for the spreader, (I have 2 trucks and want to install another wiring harness so if i need to I can switch the spreader and the controller to the other truck easily.) I have looked at the anderson plugs but I like the ones boss uses as they seem more weatherproof. anyone know where I can get these?

thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The connectors by themselves are n/a so by default you basically have to purchase each complete harness side to have them.

Nice thing about the Anderson's is if/when they're no longer usable they can be cut off and replaced right on the truck. And yes even though they're not sealed tight they do live much longer than you'd expect if maintained properly.

3. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

I was starting to think that must be a Boss specific thing, as I looked for a couple of hours on the internet last night.
    I was gonna run some power to the back of my truck for those times that the batterys on the dump trailer or the winch are dead and I like that connection as it seals tight. oh well I guess Anderson it is.