1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Newb Questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LordOfTheSith, Oct 25, 2010.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

I have a Western poly plow.....is there anything I can put on it to keep the snow from sticking and rolling freely? Also....I only do driveways....mine, my mothers and my grandparents....when the snow is heavy is there anything wrong with plowing in D2?
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Fluid film works well fothe snow sticking.
  3. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

so when I go to the hardware store I'm just looking for something called "Fluid Film"? Someone mentioned a type of grease to use.....I am having a brain fart but I think it started with a "C"
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Fluid film is sold at John Deere dealers
  5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Yeah fluid film for the snow sticking. Putting it in d2 will only lock out 3rd and 4th gear so it really isn't going to help unless your truck is getting into 3rd gear but I am guessing if you are only doing driveways, you aren't going fast enough. If you need more pushing power you could try using 4lo and try adding ballast weight if you need more traction.
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I want to say a good polymer sealant as well, a.k.a. car wax. Just prep with a clay bar first.
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

The best deal that I have found is at McMaster-Carr. Don't ask me why, but you have to do a search on their site with their part number (12055K74 ) because it is not listed on their site. http://www.mcmaster.com/#12055k74/=9fz8lg.

You can also go to the Fluid Flim site and compare prices. http://www.fluidfilmsalesusa.com/fforder.htm

I buy it by the case and others buy it by the drum because it is really great stuff.

Good luck.
  8. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor