1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 new trucks + lotta work on plow truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Aug 28, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well what a summer! kinda a roller coaster of emotions for me.

first off i sold my 2004 ford excursion v10 4x4 for $14,500 over 2 grand more then i paid for it in march '09. i then bought a very nice loaded 2001 ford explorer limited v8 for $7500. one month later i sold it for $8500!. i decided i needed another excursion i missed my big truck. so i bought a 2000 V10 limited 4x4 excursion for $7,800. its in great shape 119k miles and had the whole front end rebuilt recently.

heres some pics of that, i havent done much except clean it up(kids) and put '04 heads/fogs and HIDs in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

i also picked up a 1998 ford expedition 5.4 with 64k miles!!! best part is i got it for $2500 its been owned by my grandpas company since new and its cherry!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also sold all my other explorers except my '96 limited.

and this week we took the plow truck in for work. i knew the frontend was pretty bad but it ended up being alittle more then we thought.
    new tie-rods
    steering gear box
    calipers,rotors,pads, shoes,drums, ebrake lines
    ALL u-joints were toast.
    drives SOOOO much better now! i honestly didnt know how bad it was. now its going to go in for new front springs and an alignment. $2400 all said and done but well worth it.
    [​IMG]

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice rides and definitely a summer you flipped some metal for cash!

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I love your license plate. LOL

5. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

Everytime i see that truck, i want my old 88 ford f-350 back

6. 91AK250

got the truck back on friday, man its like a brand new truck! so smooth!

also went back to the stock steel wheels/hu caps with some better tires for winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just me or does it look like the front wheel is still kicking out alittle bit?

8. plowguy43

I love the color on that F250 you got, can you post more pictures of it?

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I se you are all ready for Winter. Any plans on putting a plow on the Excursion?

10. 91AK250

naw the excursion is just the daily driver/ass hauler

yeah, its going into the spring shop this week then getting an alignment after thats done. so im sure the alignments off some still. plus those TTB axles were never known to keep an alignment so who knows how long it'll stay good. but the truck doesnt see many miles(about 1-2k a year) so it should be good for along time.

thanks on the color compliment! i allways wanted to paint somthing this color, when i came time to pick a color to paint the f250 i knew what i was using! dont look too bad for a almost 3 year old paint job..my first full paint job also.

here are some old pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  11. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

12. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

How'd you do the HID in the excursion? Just looking at the photos of the lights they look so much brighter then factory 99-04 SD/excursions.

13. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

$2400.... damn you coulda done a hell of a dana 60 solid axle swap for that much. and yours woulda bolted right in. I did a completely custom solid dana 44 swap from a 79 F250 into my 1996 F150. Now it rolls on 8 bolts. I also have the full floating 10.25 rear from an 86 F350. i had to make all my spring mounts and do alot of custom fab on it but in the end its sweet. All said and done with both axles, and new rotors pads calipers hoses u-joints hubs and seals and new F350 Steering for the front. and drums shoes wheel cylinders and e brake cables for rear ive got about 500 to 600 in it all together.

14. plowguy43

Can you post pics? That sounds like a sweet rig!

15. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Excursion looks great! I wish I could afford one for the wife.

16. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Not tryin to hijack here. Im on fullsizebronco.com alot ill try to get a sas thread on there and when I do ill be sure to post a link here on plowsite. I have the pictures just need to do the uploads n such.

17. 91AK250

yeah i'd love to see pics!

there was alot of work done other then the frontend and honestly the TTB does everything i need it to do. with the limited use of the truck and the fact i needed it back this week...and i never even thought about doing a SAS on it haha

i just realized today how bad the camber is today! lol! its going into the spring shop later this week. we'll see what that brings.

oh and the HIDs in the excursion. i have a 55W bi-xeon headlights in factoy 2004 headlight housings. then i have 12,000k 9145 HIDs in factory 2003 foglights. light output is amazing.

i'm waiting for my HIDs for the expedition to get here in the mail...i hate waiting!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  18. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

19. 91AK250

thought i'd throw alittle update in here also.

got my HIDs for the headlights and fogs on the expedition...its coming along.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the 2 together
    [​IMG]

20. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

The F250 didn't come stock with a 305 did it?