1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Month Old 860 Speed Wing Problems

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by articstorm, Jan 20, 2009.

1. articstorm

articstorm Member

What a crazy weekend I had,

First off the 860 Speed Wing is about the best plow I have ever used. That was until Sunday morning. After using it for about three hours Sunday, the plow would not stay in the up position unless I turned off the switch or turned the switch to the power hitch function. The safest place to get these fixed immediatly on a Sunday was a 60 mile drive to Jackson. After a few hours of trouble shooting they replaced the entire truck side wiring harness.

Worked great until I drove it all the way home, then on the very first pass, it locked up in the upright position, totally dead. After some head scratching wire testing and phone calls, (I have the home numbers of the people who fix these in Jackson, their fault not mine) I finally figured out that a hidden fuse had blown. I am assuming the blown fuse was cause by the loose wire I found on the solinode. Even better I didn't even get it out of the garage and it was stuck in the upright position. That was a wire crimp that had come appart on one of the magnetic coils on the valve body.

It worked great yesterday morning for 4 hours so hopefully I'm in the clear for a while.

Good Luck,
    Dan

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

unfortunaly that is very common with 860sws call dd and ask why???????????? they say controler or truckside harness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no other problems with 810s , straights or 8611s?:mad: