1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 monster storms coming

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Jan 26, 2006.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

i just heard on the radio 2 storms, one on monday, the next on Friday into Sat. They called them "monster storms". Did you guys hear anything. I believe those angry "seasonal customers" are going to be happy if we keep having 2 storms a week.
  2. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

Haven't heard anything yet or found anything???
  3. bfbchief

bfbchief Junior Member
    from CT

I heard sunday night into Monday rain that could change to snow...but last i knew they were still up in the air about the track of the storm.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

2 big rain storms :eek:
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Absolutely nothing here either but sun and rain :cry:
  6. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

all i can see is sunny or potential rain with temps in the mid 40's not a real indicator for snow if u ask me, but keep your fingers crossed
  7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I just got off the accuweather-pro site. Joe Bastardi (and the other talking heads) are saying the models are going screwy with the next 5-7 days. They are all thinking that the storm predicted as rain for East Coast may change to a good amount of snow on the back side. After that there may be a WHOPPER of a storm next week sometime. They are sure, yeah right, that the cold air train from the arctic will be pulling into our station real soon. I will believe the cold air is here when it gets here. :dizzy:
  8. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Woo Hoo! Bring it on...:bluebounc
  9. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

There is something brewing for CT next week, i expect atleast one storm to plow... sunday-monday afternoon RAIN, but cool air comes monday night- tuesday, changing to mix/snow.

Also way down the road they are calling for something middle of next week...

all i can say is finally! :dizzy: :drinkup:
  10. JTW

JTW Senior Member

I think it is going to be too warm here to get anything other then rain.
  11. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

Snow Is Awesome

man these two storm weeks are doing a number on my... wallet hahah.. yea sorry to those guys w/o snow ill ship you some on the FEDup courier service.. i got up early yesterday so that i could plow before it all melted and wasnt anythign to plow... i really hope those guys are right bc man i do love plowing :redbounce
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  12. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

o really? hmm looks like sun and rain. hopefully NJ will get something PLEASE!
  13. DJC

DJC Senior Member

looks like a mix or rain and snow on sunday. Then they are calling for snow on monday but they don't know. It's not going to help us out much because it's going to be almost 50 tomorrow.:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

I'm ready to get on the mowers:waving:
  14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

There has been alot of talk about these 2 storms the 1st one the temp might be a problem but the 2nd punch well payup

Get you sleep now :sleeping:
  15. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Nice, I think we are going to get them both big time. I hope they are huge. So far we haven't had any decent snow plowing event since the start of the season. i just heard the first storm will hit the NorthShore, Southern NH area on Tuesday. Stay tunned!!payup
  16. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

shhhhh...You're going to scare it away.
  17. greenfreak

greenfreak Junior Member

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

They're saying rain Sunday :angry: , rain/snow mix on Monday :cool: , then SNOW on Tuesday :redbounce . Hopefully it really comes, and we get some real snow! Let's not scare it away now though :nono: .

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i hope you guys get snow so i dont have to read about you not getting any snow and then the whining will stop.
  20. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I agree. I see about 5 new posts a day about "no snow" and then when there is snow in the forecast, I see about 50 new posts about it though lol