1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 man seasonal price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by grassguy123, Sep 15, 2011.

1. grassguy123

grassguy123 Junior Member
    from NJ

I got a 4 acre parking lot with alot of side walks to plow and shovel only no salt. In NJ

Im thinking about buying a skid steer with cage/plow for 20k to store there. And the other guy will use a snow blower.

So 20k in equipment.
    4-5k in payroll
    less than a grand in fuel.

is 15k too high of a price?

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

when does your season typically start and end ? how many plowable events ? what is average snowfall? what is "alot of sidewalks". Your post lacks needed information.
    from the threads I've read on here seems like NJ is a higher going rate then other parts of the country?

3. grassguy123

from NJ

our equipment need to be on site from nov to mid march. we plowed 10 times last year. last years annual snow fall was 40 inches. there is enough side walks for 1 guy to clear in 3 or 4 hours

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would say 15k is not to low

5. grassguy123

from NJ

i know its not too low. but do you think its too high and not competitive? we do the grounds and building maintenance for this customer too and dont want to give too high of a price

6. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

We plowed a 2.5 acre lot last year for one of our customers for about 7500 for the season with next to no sidewalks and 54" total snowfall with 7 plowable events and we are in southern Nj. What part of Nj are you in? :nod:

7. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

sound high.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What about salt? Sounds low to me to have a dedicated machine and 2 guys unless the salting is lucrative.

9. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

Guess not if you have to dedicate a machine,
    but it sounds like it should be part of a route