1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 in december

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by royallawn, Dec 19, 2005.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

2 plowable snows in december here. thats more than some winters here in years past. maybe setting up for a good plowing winter.

2. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

WE GOT THREE HERE IN OHIO.... MOST OF THE TIME IT DON,T SNOW TILL AFTER DEC 25 TH I JUST HOPE IT STAYS LIKE THIS ALL WINTER LONG payup payup

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We got one in November--something we haven't had in at least five to ten years.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Naw... Winter is over, time to start mowing again. payup :D

5. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

1 in nov and 5-6 so far in december depending on 1" or 2" triggers.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My area picked up adout 35 inches so far no big deal:rolleyes:

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Heck I only got two plowable events here in northern Minnesota, last year was 5 I believe. Still have a little over a week to go, so hopefully we can get another push or two in before next year.

Buck

8. Good ole Grand Rapids

2 in November.....8 in december (yes that is correct) season contracts arent looking so good this year....o yeah, that a 2" trigger too!

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

About 6 to 7 with commercial contracts.:redbounce :redbounce

10. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Better be, getting my plow jan 2nd!

11. me1223

me1223 Member

3 in Dec. and 1 in Nov. Maybe next year will be as good when I get my plow.

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Move by the lake and get lake effect if you want snow,we have plowed like 11 times already.

13. Billz

Billz Member

11 times already in Grand Rapids, MI... I only plowed 16 times all last year! LOL

14. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We've plowed/salted every day since November 21!

Gotta love Quality's Elite "snow haters". Our high end residential and commerical clients that want every damn snowflake that hits the ground the be salted or plowed! YEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWpayup payup

15. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

First plow Nov.16 Now have 113.5" + snow 26"+ on the ground.

Happy Holidays

16. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Im in Holland, MI..Plowed about 18 times this year. 3 in November and 15 so far in December. Plus theres afew salt runs too. Time to start getting bills ready for the end of the month.

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey there High Roller, Who's "we"? You mean your guys have plowed 11 times...you've plowed what, twice?:D

Buck

18. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have to ask you guys who are plowing every day/every other day.... Are the rates in your area lower due to quantity, or competition? I have a hard enough time getting people to pay for plowing here, let alone if it was needed 10x as often.

:confused:

19. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Ive already had to call the loader in to 3 accounts (two that dont normally need loader service) and have gotten approval from 2 other accounts for the loader to come in and stack the snow, Its going to be a Great winter $$$$payup $$$$

20. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I can't speak for everyone but I only deal with the top end clients. The hospitals, doctors offices, office buildings, restarurants that have 0% tolerance for the possibility of a slip and fall accident. We won an OSHA award for our service to Kodak for the 04-05 season. They had 21 slip and fall related accidents during the 03-04 season (with a different company), and after the switch to us, slammed down a 0 accident winter, the first in over 25 years!

We don't work cheap. An average night out just salting is ~$2200-3600 per truck. Most salt only nights I have two trucks out. Myself and an alternating foreman.