1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 in 1 windshield washer fluid

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deere615, Nov 10, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Anyone use the 2 in 1 windshield washer fluid that has the rain-x in it. My dad uses it in company trucks and said it works pretty good. Its good until -25 degrees. I bought some and am curious to see how it works in the winter and in the rain.

2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I use it all the time, it's great for frost on the windows. I use the summer/ bug stuff too. The only draw back is if you use it alot when there hasn't been any water on the window for a while it will get a bit of a white film, but I've used for the past 4 years, good stuff.

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

i love the stuff

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I run De-icer in the winter, Bug spray in the summer. It's great, I have added Rain-ex to the washer tank for years, and this saves the hassle.
    The pre-mix stuff is the bomb, you just have to keep the right stuff loaded for the season. In the fall I mix them and they turn an ugly color.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I will never use any other type of windshield washer fluid in the truck.....it works awesome!!!!

6. deere615

Thats cool, I think I am going to like this stuff, I might even buy the Bug stuff for the summer.

7. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

That all Wal-Mart has in stock, I love the purple color!

Zack

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I Rain-x all the windows and mirrors. If it's raining lightly the water runs off so quick you don't even need the wipers on.

9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I like rain-x. However, I was disappointed in the rain-x windshield washer fluid used for the winter. It just didn't melt as well as other products. So, now I put rain-x on separately as usual. Didn't like their anti-fog stuff at all.

10. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

When I first started using it, it seamed to be smearing up the windshield for a couple of seconds. The more I used it the more I liked it. A few squirts and a couple wiper passes and perfect now. Also a new set of wiper blades didn't hurt either.

11. deere615

ya I already added new winter wiper blades!

12. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i use it grate stuffwesport

13. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I also refuse to use anything but rainx....Rob

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That is all I use both in the truck and the wife's car. Good stuff and definatly has a weird color/odor to it

15. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

yep woth the coin

16. deere615

Lol, I never smelt it before but one day I was spraying my windows to get off a little frost and all the snow one the side of my windshield was orange!

17. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i have found that the rain-x form the states is a little bit different then the stuff i can get here in canada..... but none the less the both work great won't use anything else

18. deere615

what difference do you see?

19. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

It probably costs $30 a bottle up there!:p

20. deere615

Ya in Canadian or american currency LOL