1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 drives and a private road

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ColliganLands, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

Hi guys,
    I was asked to provide an estimate for two driveways and the private road the homes are located on. Im going to offer the driveways a per push or seasonal rate like i would for anyother drive. However for the road im not sure if i should do the same thing or charge it bu the hour. The Road is approx 250 feet long and about 2 lanes wide (standard residential size) brand new pavement with ability to stakc at the ends or just windrow all to one side. no traffic since theres only 2 houses. I wish i could post a pic of it but its too new (doesnt show on anything googlemmaps/earth,microsoft,mapquest) so im looking for input as to do i charge them a seasonal/perpush for the road or by the hour - i figure it wont take more than 30-45 minutes to the street.
    Thanks for the help
    Kyle
    ill see about taking some of my own pics tomorrow

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

250 ft aint a road its a long driveway. Thats pretty short.
    i would charge 50 for the 250 ft. and 45 a drive unless there is lots of backdragging then a little more.

3. ColliganLands

thats pretty much what i was thinking.. the customer called it a private road so..
    and would you say just lump everything into one price so per push would be 50+45+45 and same for seasonal except times 20.
    thanks for the quick response
    Kyle

4. bribrius

yes.
    unless each house and the 250 ft are owned by different people then you have to divy it up to avoid the " he was supposed to pay this time" bs.

5. ColliganLands

ok ill mkae sure to find that out. the way he said it made it sound like he owns everything
    thanks again
    Kyle

6. bribrius

no prob.
    if your quoting by the push you should be okay. could even lower that a little if they dont like it if you think you can bang it out pretty quick.
    if your going seasonal put in limitations and cover yourself.
    if they call you to plow every three inches you might end up doing alot more than 20 pushes.

7. ColliganLands

another good point
    Thank you very much
    Kyle