1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Door Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by forestfireguy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 95 2dr Tahoe that was my favorite truck ever. Back around 2001 wife Killed it running into an OLD OLD man who cut her off. Anyway, I never had a blade on it, SO my question is, I have an oppurtunity to pick up a clean one, with about 100K miles on it. The guy has a snow-way plow on it, but will keep that. He cycles through trucks every season, I have no idea why, but anyway. I was a Lexus tech for many years and am familiar with these trucks, to those who plow with them, how are they with a blade, does it do anything out of the ordinary to the front end? I know these trucks are big, but pretty light duty. Thanks Guys.
  2. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Guy i plow for has 3 of them with Fisher 7.5 HD`s which are heavy and he loves them .They plow great though they could use some timbrens in front which none of his have.
  3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I have a 94 K1500 with a 7.5 meyer blade since 2002. Timbrens and a crank on the torsion bars. Weak spot is the 4l60 transmission. I bought an aluminum deep sump tranny pan from Summit, tranny cooler is series with the factory cooler and a temp gauge. Been running synethic trans fluid since with an anual change. Had the truck since 1995 with 28K, today it has over 140K with the original transmission. Allow the trk to completely stop before selecting gears. Keep an extra front diff actuator on hand, about $100 available from most auto parts stores. Just replaced the factory one last year and another this year.
    Also keep the heavy snow build up away from the cowl. The wipers will take a crap if you dont. A spare wiper circuit board would be a good idea as well.