1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 door tahoe with v-plow? Suspension question too

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mrgarciainc, Feb 16, 2015.

1. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Junior Member
    from Chicago

I am looking for a backup truck which needs to be smaller for our small lots we do. My Quad Ram fits but is pretty tight. I am looking for a wrangler or a 2 door tahoe. Test drove a jeep with a plow today. Seemed like it would be alot of fun to plow with in tight spots but just seemed a little too small for me, comfort wise more than anything.

I am aware of the upgrades a tahoe would need. Beef up front suspension, Tranny gauge, cooler and possibly a bigger pan. I know brakes or the rear end arent the strongest on them either. Maybe some better side mirrors as well, a lift and some weight in the back. I dont mind to put some money into to make it a plowing beast that will be comfortable as well. It seems I can get one of these for about 1/2 the price of a 05/06 rubicon wrangler unlimited which is what I would get if I went jeep. Although a jeep would be so much more fun in the summer.

I havent seen any 2 door tahoes with a v-plow. Ive searched here and on google and nothing. Anyone have one? Id really like to get a v-plow on one of these. Some wranglers are running them, so why wouldnt a tahoe be able to?

Also, Ive heard the 2 door tahoes can easily swap front ends from the 3/4 ton trucks. Anyone know if this is true? Thanks

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I think you could do a V plow on a 2 door Tahoe. You wouldnt have to worry about any warranty since it will be a 17 to 18 year old vehicle at the newest. Id go with timbrens at minimum and a good load range E tire. Every thing else is pretty much the same as a half ton pick up. If it makes any differance, a regular cab short box truck has to be real close in wheel base as an old Tahoe. Maybe that would be the better route to go?

3. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Junior Member
    from Chicago

I would like to have comfort, reclining seat, and a backseat in case I have to pick up my kids in this vehicle. I would use it during winters just drop plow in my garage when not in use.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

This is why I plow with a Tahoe. Im 6'3" and a tad over 300lbs. Seems like GM regular cab trucks are just too tight for me. IF the super duty was availible in a regular cab short box, Id be all over one. I havent seen any with a v-plow, but i dont see any reason it couldn't be done. One with a good running 6.5 diesel (and they made them) would be a plowing machine! Good luck!