1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Cycle Oil In Fuel Tank?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WALKERS, Jan 30, 2007.

1. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I have heard about guys putting 2 cycle oil in their fuel tanks for running quieter and mileage. They are mostly Dodge owners thou have any of you FORD guys done anything like this.:dizzy:

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I haven't heard of that. I don't think I would try it, especially if Dodge guys suggest it. I would imagine that it would be widley known by now if it helped your mileage and if it quiets your engine, something is not working correctly. Plus it would smoke like crazy I bet.

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

i have a gasser, but i put one can in every 10,000 miles ..my mechanic says it lubes the valves.. but then again i drive a Chevy

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

More snake oil.

5. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

what do you mean "especially if dodge guys suggest it" ???:angry:

6. DeereFarmer

lol, just kidding. There are two Dodges parked in my garage right now. Both my parent have been Dodge owners for like the last 20+ years. I had a '87 Ram and hated it, but it was the fact that it had 178K on it that I hated.

7. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

ya i was just giving you crap i would agree with you though about not putting oil in the tank

8. DeereFarmer

As long as it isn't a Toyota I'm fine.:gunsfiring:

9. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

as long as it isnt a toyota honda or nissan i am fine

10. DeereFarmer

Hell yeah. Next they will be putting plows on Camrys or Civics.:rolleyes:

11. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

lol that would be a sad day if that ever happens

12. BobC

BobC Senior Member

SNAKE OIL works just great!!!! 2 teaspoons to a 36 gal. diesel tank gives me 40 slithers per gallon!!!!!!!!!

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Starting to wonder if some people are drinking the oil instead of putting it in the tank or are they sniffing the tank and forgetting to put it in there....lol just kidding :dizzy: