1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Blizzard 8611lp for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by sven1277, Sep 17, 2015.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Both are pre DD. One is an '05, the other is an '08. The '05 has a bent wing. It still functions fine, just a little tweaked. Both units are complete with wiring and truck mounts for Chevy. Both have the "shoebox" controller. I also have two extra controllers. I just purchased two new trucks and bought new 8611lp's for them. If they mounting was still the same, I would keep them both as backups.
    $2750 each. They are in summer storage currently but I will get pics as soon as I can. Southeastern CT.
  2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

This pic is from a couple of years ago.

Two truck blizzard plow - Copy.jpg
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just asking, are you sure there 8611s?
  4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

They do look like lopro's.
  5. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Title and description both say "LP"
  6. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

I am not up to speed on all Blizzard verbage but have an 05 810 on F250 wit slide out wings.LOVE IT. Its a PH1. Just bought another 250 (96). Are your plows PH1 or PH2 and can I still by the truck side for a 96 to match your8611 ? Any help would be appreciated. Also heard that Blizzard was bought out by SNO Ex or Salt Dogg. If this is true. Where can I go for parts
  7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

They are 8611 Lo pro. Ph1. Douglas Dynamics (DD) owns Blizzard, Snowex, Fisher and Western. The new Snowex lineup is replacing Blizzard plows. The brand will be discontinued. All parts will still be available for many years to come.
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good price.
  9. gillilandscape

gillilandscape Junior Member

Sent you a PM regarding the plows. Thanks
  10. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

ARGH, why cant you be closer!! I'd buy both of these tomorrow if I could get to you.
  11. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Eric You buy, I will fly...
  12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Both sold. Thanks.