1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Blizzard 810s for $2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Detroitdan, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I have two Blizzard 810s, one is mostly for parts or repair, other is in very nice condition. First one I am not sure what year it is, it was on a 2003-ish F350, wasn't a company truck, and didn't look like it had much use. Stickers are still visible on the front, cutting edges are still good. I bought it and didn't get the truck side frame mount, but I did get the light tower, wiring etc. It wouldn't work with my 97 truck with the 99 810, I was told the solenoid is on the motor on the 99, and the newer one is under the hood. So I bought a solenoid to run the new one. However, I havent tested it, because I sold the 97 truck. The plowframe that I have is from my 97 3500, should fit 88-98 2500-3500.GMs. And this frame lines up with both plows. I have all the wiring harnesses (plus the solenoid I mentioned) two light towers, an old style shoebox rocker switch type controller from the 99, and a newer style joystick controller for the newer plow. I did see the newer plow work when it was delivered, it worked lightning fast.
    99 plow had new cutting edges a couple years ago, still real good. Angle cylinders have been replaced in the not too distant past, couple hoses etc. The wings are welded, got tired of replacing wing pistons, (probably because wings werent re-installed right). Very rugged 3x3 angle braces on the back, also the box has been welded and braced from where I tried to drive thru it. Lift mechanism pin broke, so I put a bolt in it to get me by. I did buy the pin but never installed it. Could make a lot plow out of it, be a lot of work to restore wings to functioning again. Right wing is straight out, left wing is 45 degrees. At the very least it would be good for a lot of parts.
    I want $2500 for both plows, and I don't want to split them up. I do have pictures but they are on a computer I might not see until next week, so use your imagination. One is beat, one is pretty darn nice. Will add pictures at a later date. Located in Epping NH, I have no way of moving them or loading them, but we can figure something out.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Your price is good and I know you don't want to separate, but any chance you'd sell just the mount?

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

no sorry. if I cant sell the plows I'll buy another Chevy pickup to put it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.