1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2.5yd Tornado - no response

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EGLC, Nov 6, 2013.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

hooked up my 2.5yd tornado today after replacing all bearings and drag + motor chains and the controller lit up with power.

when I went to start it however no response from salter and the controller would steadily beep / flash light. It would not stop doing this. I counted well past 11 beeps / light flashes like the manual says....

it would beep & flash with a second maybe between each occurrence. it would beep and flash at the SAME time though,

2. It sounds to me its beeping 1,1,1,1,1,... which means now communication to the spreader. Make sure the connections are clean and have di-electric grease applied. There is a spreader module located under the cover on the left rear, it may be toasted. Also check the back of the controller where it plugs in. The early design had issues tugging on the pc board. The newer design plug has little wings on the side to add some stability. Lets see what happens from here.

Regards,

SPW Tech
    www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com