1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2.5ft of Snow!!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by flairlandscape, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I dont plow regularly anymore, but had to plow out my inlaws driveway (just west of London, ON) and couldn't believe how much there was! literally between 2 and 3 ft of snow the whole way down! I opened it up in about 15 min, but as I was doing it, and John Deere 5425 with a 10 way Horst blade came by and offered to widen it out for me, so that made quick work of the job. Anyways, here's a few pictures..

IMG00155-20100103-1430.jpg

IMG00156-20100103-1430.jpg

IMG00157-20100103-1431.jpg

IMG00158-20100103-1448.jpg

2. Brandon_Pelrine

Brandon_Pelrine Junior Member

thats crazy lol

3. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

That's a lot of snow to move at one time. I bet that JD made short work of it, though.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Right now it's still snowing and so far about foot and a half fell so far.

5. He sure did, sweet little set up that was. Wish I would have taken a picture of it. Apparently he doesnt even plow commercially with it, just uses it at his two horse farms, lol

6. piperpm

piperpm Member

Shift that snow just a bit east and north for us!
    We've had a bit of spill-off here today from that lake streamer that's pounding your area.
    That's quite the dumping!
    Happy plowing

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I imagine with the cold blowing over the lakes, you are lucking into some heavy lake effect snows? Was just up in Ironwood Michigan this past week. Would love to get the type of snow down in Milwaukee that they get up in the U.P. Snowed several inches (couple feet over the past week) everyday of light fluffy snow. Very scenic with all of the trees draped in snow.

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

thank god for that john deere eh :drinkup:

9. lagwagon

lagwagon Member

Whereabouts west of London, ON was this?

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

we just got 33 inches here in burlington, VT .. too bad I was too busy plowing to get any pics

11. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

No joke, I'm hiring a guy to take my pictures. I don't know how I'm ever going to get pictures for advertising and the website when I forget...ALL...THE...TIME!

12. hndswthtshdws

hndswthtshdws Junior Member
    from Canada

I plow commerical in London for a contractor. We've been out 3 nights out of the last 4. Friday night was the worst with a good foot or more of snow. This squall is hitting hard every night and it might keep coming for a few more nights.

The horse farmer has got it made. Im running a 6000 series John deere with a 10 foot Horst 10 way blade (16 feet with the wings open!). Its a dream.

13. Its a country property just outside of Komoka

14. I ran a similar setup when I plowed for Clintar a couple years ago, can't beat a 10 way plow. Is it your own set up, or do you use the companys tractor?

15. hndswthtshdws

hndswthtshdws Junior Member
    from Canada

Company Tractor. Working for Clintar actually.

16. lagwagon

lagwagon Member