1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2.5" leveling kit, Tint and more!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WilliamOak, Jan 17, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Here are a few pics of the 2.5" leveling kit on my front end, it's about .5" higher in the front now but there is 700lbs of sand bags along the tailgate. 35% tint also went on this week and with help from Mark13 the lightbar is no longer sky high, it sits nice and snug on the cab now!

Lowered lightbar.jpg

Leveling kit 1.jpg

Leveling kit 2.jpg

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

Looks good !

3. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

7x14 dual axle open landscape trailer $1,6000 FIRM

1,600 or 16 000 or is it 1, 600, 000

4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

why are you selling your plow so soon?

5. WilliamOak

lol, whoops. thanks for pointing that out :drinkup:
    $1,600 is what its supposed to say! ( I wish I could get $16k for it)

6. WilliamOak

I kind of jumped the gun on plowing while in college. Gambling on it snowing on the weekends when I can come home was unrealistic and a little too optomistic. I might pick up another plow before next year but I would rather free up the money to set me up better for spring and mowing/landscaping, which is the real $$ maker for me so it has priority.

7. newhere

from Fenton

ohhh yes that sounds like a very good plan. we will talk about that on lawnsite later.

8. WilliamOak

Are you interested in the plow / trailer?

9. newhere

from Fenton

no i was just asking. i need just a molboard for my western.

10. WilliamOak

Ahhh, I see.

11. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

truck is looking real good
    the tint and especially lowering the lightbar down helped out alot
    going on 4 days into the light install in my dodge now lol should have pics/videos up some time this week

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, lowering the lightbar did alot.

13. WilliamOak

Yea this was a good week for the truck. Now it needs new tires but those will wait until summer, at least 285's but definitely hankook atm's. Black wheels are in the working too.
    It definitely looks alot better put together thats for sure!
    I also have 2 led S/T/T lights going on the backrack in the not too distant future because the 3rd brake light is partially blocked by the top bar of my cab guard now.

lol, for a 4 day install it better be good!

14. ColliganLands

black rims and bigger tires will look awesome on your truck and the s/t/t leds will look good to.
    the install is very clean (for 4 day i hope it would be lol) the worst part was i decided to keep adding things and then i found this new siwthc pannel/controller thing that i thought would be cool. you wire everything to it then program your switches with a laptop so that got a little confusing now were expecting a little snow tonight so i have to deal with that before i can finish up the programming

15. WilliamOak

Yea I'm hoping the black will look awesome too. If I'm gonna keep this truck through college its gonna be exactly what I want it to be, and its getting pretty damn close.

Any more details on this switch pannel/controller? sounds pretty awesome, my truck is kind of a clustef*ck with switches above, the lightbar controller, then plow controller/ whelen siren/airhorn :nod: (they're too fun) and soon to be reverse camera screen display lol. although I kind of like all the stuff at the same time haha

16. ColliganLands

yea the controller is a whelen HHS 220 series its expensive but combines the switches for lights with the pa/airhorn all in one. was supposed to make things simple and it really has since everything got run and wired into 1 central box then you just run a ethernet cable from the box to the controller. only hard part is figuring out the computer programming thing lol its kinda confusing

17. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

How about a picture of all that "stuff"?

18. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

where did you buy the leveling kit?

19. WilliamOak

That would be nice to have everything wired to 1 source, What all is going into that truck as far as lights go?

What "stuff"?
    -you mean the interior of my truck?

20. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

yes Im just curious sounds pretty crowded in there?