1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2/25/11 storm in Cleveland

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by hammerstein, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

This is a small commercial lot that did not get plow till the next day after a storm last week, we got about 10" of heavy wet snow over a 12 hour period. The building is up for sale and to keep the cost down for the customer we only plowed once @ his regular per push price.

1st picture is before, then 1 pass, 2 passes, 3 passes, then a few more and were done, except for some loading docks and drive in bay on the right.

IMG00395-20110226-0851.jpg

IMG00397-20110226-0855.jpg

IMG00399-20110226-0857.jpg

IMG00400-20110226-0905.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Still made money,it probably only took 2 minutes more to plow it then a 3 inch snow.

3. hammerstein

There was enough profit for a coffee.

Only thing I like about this kind of snow is that it packs good and leaves the stamp of the plow in piles, its a personal favorite.

IMG00393-20110225-1342.jpg

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks good. i like when theres imprints of my plow in the snowbanks...it looks cool lol

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

looks great.

6. stargazer

stargazer Member

Heavy going!

I'll take a 4 inch any day. The heavy stuff takes more fuel, harder on equipment. When it's cold, it takes twice as long, "squirts" out both sides of the plow. I usually plow once to get the bulk of it, then plow again to clear it.

I generally charge extra for old snow, unless it's my fault.

7. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Like the wings. I have a western pro plus. Do they save plow time and are they worth the money?

8. hammerstein

The wings are a must have. I have 3 pro plus plows and all have wings. Yes they save you time on any job. At a condo complex we cut our plow time in half with them plus they add 1' to your plow with best $475 ever spent. Another benefit is your plow will rarely trip with the wings on as the rubber cutting edge helps the plow go over obstructions.

9. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

Looks good hammerstein. Best thing about that storm for me was the plow scraped the pavement clean. Usually with my wings on my proplus it wont scrape real clean, do you have the same issue?

10. hammerstein

Usually its never a problem, though we do pretreat most of the time. During that ice storm in the beginning of February two of my guys took the wings off to scrape better, I did not.