1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2-22 Mass Snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by DeereFarmer, Feb 22, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It is snowing pretty good here right now. We have about .75" on the ground now and it is not letting up. The roads are pretty slick. Hope we get atleast enough to plow. Looks like it will be 1-3", maybe 2-4".

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Cool. It's raining here, sleeting about 10 miles west.

3. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

Snowing at a steady rate here. Almost an inch.

4. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

we have about an inch and half, to 2 inches i'm heading out at midnight to start cleaning up the lots...the one thing i love about night plowing, it's a plow drivers kingdom, pritty much the only ones out there, the plow guys!!!

5. LongTimer

LongTimer Junior Member

Burlington Bout .25" (maybe)

Shoulda canceled this season !:yow!:

6. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

We got two down already here, with more coming down. Going out early to clean up...

7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

we have maybe 1.5'' here. The thing that gets me is that looking at the radar - it looks like we have a lot more to go.... Are they expecting this storm to just break up, or head out to sea. Unless this storm is just expected to break up over us - ican't see it slowing down around midnight like they said.... Any thoughts??

radar

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Absolutely. Plowing through the middle of a weeknight is definitely the best. Only plow trucks on the road (the plow guys know how to drive in the snow) and you have nothing to worry about.

9. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Well Most do lol. Last "storm" we got, I counted 4 different plow trucks off the roads/highway stuck in various ditches and or snowbanks. Granted they looked like newbies as their plows looked virgin, and prob thought they could speed through with the extra weight. *shrugs*

10. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

A nice 2.5 inches in the ground this morning so it was a enough to cleanup the driveways.payup

Now i'm hoping we get slammed Monday. Bring It On.:D

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Easy 2.5" here in Nashua outside the warmer city areas.

Maybe over 3" xysport

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Well I just got back in from PLOWING. I can't belive it. I woke up to 4.5" of light fluffy powder. I thought we would get about 1". It was a good surprise for once. With the wind, the drifting is great. I have done two driveways twice and they'll probably need to be done again. The only bad thing is that the first 4" of the ground is not frozen. My long gravel driveway and my neighbors long grass driveway (that's right, grass) are a complete mess. Oh well, I can't complain.