1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2.2 acre parking lot and garage

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys got a call about a 2.2 acre parking lot and garage this week. They only want plowing of the lot. No Salt as they have maintenance crews that take care of the walks with a tractor and salter and i believe they salt the lot also. I am going to throw in a per application price in also just in case. It is a pretty easy straight forward lot to get done and it is only 20 seconds from my shop. Literally one city block away. They are looking for a seasonal and also a per push proposal. Have any of you guys done a parking garage before and when it comes to stacking on the top do you just distribute it equally around the whole area in order to not put to much weight on one section of the structure. if I do get it I have to figure something out to do with my dual rotator cause sitting on the stand on the back rack it will not make it under the roof of the second floor. I have a price in mind for this property which I know is fair, but the way bidding has been going this year it is tough to get a decent property without having some company come in and lowball it. I will be doing the property with my 8.5 straight with wings =10'4". I think an hour and half to get it all done and looking nice. Thanks guys

2. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We usually stck the snow to one side of the structure where we can bail it off the roof. Then we wait until the customer wants the snow removed. The we bail it over the side down to the ground and one of the loaders make the snow disappear. Then we charge for skid steer and couple of trucks plus dumping fees to remove the snow and salt the icy areas. Good luck. Doug

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

that place i plow at will not let anything bigger then an f250 and they put us i a scale to make sure were not over i think 8500 with plow and truck they prefer small skid steers but we salt it so we need to get a truck with salt that is less then 8500lbs for plowing we use a skid steer with push box to get the to the side the bucket to put it over in one spot were there is grass under. sorry for the long winded speach but what im getting at is make sure you know what you are getting into because if it a mess like mine its a pain in the butt the only good thing is its by the hour and they pay very well

4. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

A company we subbed for used a skidsteer with an angle sweeping broom on it. The owner requested that it be done that way because the concrete was broomed and didnt want any marks. It workd pretty good from what i hear and gor paid by the hour

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I would think you would want "them" to provide you with a designated area for snow piling?.....What will you do if the snow needs to be dumped over the side and re-piled or hauled away? Dont most parking garages require rubber or urethane cutting edges?

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I can bring in the deere tractor and haul it off the top to a corner of the outside lot on solid ground. To get to the top floor the ramp is outside not inside the structure it self, so I can get a 1 ton dump up there and move it pretty easy. The top is cement, it is not rubber like some I have seen. I will ask them for sure where they want me to put it.Thanks for the advice.