1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2/13/14 Baltimore Pics from Storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Dubl0Vert, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

3. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

lol, last pic is my street when i came home......the pic doesn't due justice to the size of the snow wall blocking the road....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

30% more in Elkton

6. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Haven't made my way up there yet.... but will once the storm finishes up and i finish with my residential atm withdrawals. Taking a break now.....more snow than I've ever had a plow in. Windshield/hood was covered several times busting through intersections and plowing drifts, really gets the heart thumping.

7. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Not snoring in Rockville anymore. Hasn't done anything for about 2hrs now.

8. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Looks like it starts up again at 3 pm for us :eek:)

How much did you get? I think we are about 10 but the drifts make it tricky.

9. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

12-14 here. There's 19" at my house in Frederick. Calling for another 3-5" later and 2-4" tomorrow night.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Yep, all is quiet now. Dang windows were rattling earlier it was so bad! :laughing: :jester:

Waynesboro area and Thurmont area got a good 16-20. I worked 2 16hr days on this last one. Looks like it's going to be enough to plow again today, at least for me with 2 private roads with zero triggers.

The local Walmart has been getting raped by a local LCO that I happen to get the 2 roads he was doing. My wife works at the Walmart so I know EXACTLY what they are paying. Lets just say for $hits and giggles that if I pushed the lot just once, I could buy a brand new skid loader! Yeah, that's what they're charging. Now for the funny part. The guy had a sub in there and cleared the entire lot with a jeep! There's small snow piles everywhere. I sure would like to get my foot in on this one and I don't mean about being a sub but rather the person managing it. The LCO doing it has grown to a point that he can't get help to cover all the lots he's contracted to do. Mind you they get done but still.

11. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Lol I was so tired. Didn't realize I put snoring lol.lpoks like I'm getting the shaft on this storm today. Not snowing too hard at home, and traffic cams show light snow and wet roads in Rockville. I was looking forward to an easy 2-3" storm.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  12. ALC-GregH

from pa

I'm getting ready to head out to scrape and salt.

13. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I got a light rain down here. We weren't supposed to get anything from this storm. I don't know where you saw 3-5 but this storm was wayyyyto north to begin with

14. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Not sticking here. Would need a little heavier snow and a few hours to stick. Damn.

15. ALC-GregH

from pa

We had 4in on the mountain by noon yesterday. Made a quick 4 bills in a hr. :D

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That doesn't look fun at all!

17. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Nope, didn't enjoy this at all!!

[​IMG]

18. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Are you in western MD? I know it says bmore. Just looks like a place I've been in western md.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I was hoping to get a call to come back down!

20. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Nope, That's a Snow Emergency Route in front of Loch Raven High School. I diots parked right in the middle over night and got hit by county plows, then towed...morons