1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2/10 - 2/11 21in storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Mackman, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Got another 21in on top of the 28.5in we got 3 days ago. This storm was bad alot of down trees. I didn't get alot of pics. But i did get a flat tire:angry:

I was stuck in a neighborhood cuz of a down tree. I went up to do the cu-de-sac and a tree fell in the mean time blocking me in. I was there for 1.5hr waiting for someone to come with a chainsaw to get me out.

[​IMG]

This is pic of the flat.
    [​IMG]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqM_L9h9wEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqM_L9h9wEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Clever design on your air compressor set up I like it!
    If you can spare it send a little of that white stuff up into Northern New England you guys are hoggin it all down there before it ever gets to us!!!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Note to self,carry chainsaw!

Should of pushed the tree out of the way!

4. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I get paid by the hour. So i was happy sitting there waiting for someone to come. I wasn't even going to risk push in that tree. So i just laid back and waited. Got a little nap in. :p

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I can't just sit and wait during a storm. I would have done something to get out of there. That looks like a mess to plow.

6. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Do you have anymore pics of that air set-up I would love to do something like that very cool

7. Mackman

from S.E. PA

No but i will get some in a couple days for you. I will make a video. Since i love videos lol

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

How do you like plowing with those mud tires? (when not flat of course)

I'm thinking very heavily about purchasing a new Fisher 8'6" HD for next season, how has yours been holding up so far? Any bugs we should know about?

9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Man you always make me laugh with that accent that you have. Keep up the good work

10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I always carry my chainsaw in the tool box just so i can feel all cool if that ever happened to me and cut the tree out of my way

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nifty setup with the compressor and the truck sounds tough.

12. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Thats a good idea with the compressor can't wait to see more pics.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is a nice set up. I use to have my gas compresser in the truck with me all the time when I ran the cap on the truck and it was a life saver a few times.

14. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Good idea with the air compressor! I can't wait to see pics I may need to borrow your idea!:cool:

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

16. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Always carry an air tank with me. Once had to swap a tire in the middle of a snowstorm on the side of a county road....not fun.

17. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

that trucks sweeet! ya i can see youre point about waiting, hey if youre on for the city who cares. Nice vid the swearing was the best part that and the diesel engine!