1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st year for MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Nov 15, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Does anyone know the first year the MM1 was offered?

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

possibly 1995 but dont hold me to it. I believe its between '95 and '97

3. FordFisherman

from 06611

Anyway to tell on the plow itself what year it is?

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure about ways to find it on your plow, but I'm pretty confident that it was first out in about 95/96

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you could probably find out at the dealer if you have the serial number.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

No negative......1992 was the first year MM 1 made it's debut. :nod:

7. YardMedic

If this is true, and I'm skeptical of it, why would dealers over most of New England not be installing them in mid-1993? I find it hard to believe a HUGE risk like the new MM wouldn't have been marketed intensely in the year following its introduction (if it was 1992).

8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

In 1992, Fisher Engineering introduced the Minute Mount System; a revolutionary mounting system in which the entire snowplow mount is removed from the truck. This allows the truck to retain its original appearance while removing added weight from the vehicle when its not being used for plowing.

...Straight from Fishers Website :salute:

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I went with my father May of 92 after my brothers graduation to get his at WA Messer in Westbrook, ME. Actually check this out......Fisher

10. YardMedic

Well ya learn something new everyday! Now I'm slightly disappointed my first plow wasn't a MM when it may have been an option. For some reason, I don't think they were offered around here so early

11. FordFisherman

from 06611

I'll second that Medic. My 94 came wit a conventional mount. Wish I had a MM back then. Thanks for the info guys.

12. YardMedic

Well, I can't say that I ever had a problem with the conventional, as it's what I grew up around. Mine being brand new in 93, it was pretty sweet. And for spring, summer, fall I had a custom welded brush guard made where I removed the upper part of the plowframe. Also, with MM being new back then, I wouldn't have wanted to be the guinea pig for a system that could have been junk (well, we're talking about Fisher here, so it's a few steps above most other systems, so "junk" probably wasn't an option there!).

13. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

My 93 f150 has a minute mount 1 on it and according to the paper work it was installed oct of 92.

14. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It was truck dependent early on. Both what the dealer had in stock and what peculiar frames Fisher had produced. We actually horded the older conventional mounts and sold them specifically upon request. I mounted a conventional on my 97 F350 Dump when I got it.

15. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

It was a staggered release. In the Fall of 1992 we offered our Compact MM lineup HS series for all of the compact trucks. We did release the F-150 mount also. In the fall of 1993 we released mounts for our RD/HD series starting with the all new 1994 Dodge Ram. We did not want to Mfg. plates for both the MM and Conventional so we started phasing out the conventional mount on most vehicles. Of course if the frame did not change there were conventional mounts that fit some vehicles into the mid-late 90's.