1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st X ... Skidsteer winter ... $ & ?'s

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ezy11, Oct 8, 2009.

1. ezy11

ezy11 Junior Member
    from cst

Case 75XT ... We've never used skidsteers for snow removal, trying it this winter with two units (8 ft box blades). Any ballpark #'s to have it enclosed & heaters put in units ... anything else needed besides glow plugs for Skidsteer to have a good experience this winter? Running tires not tracks .... Appreciate any advice
    Thank you ....Lake Zurich IL

2. raceyz125

raceyz125 Junior Member
    from IL

Do you own them or renting? How many hrs are you going to be running them? Northern Tool has soft enclosures for 230.00 each. Then you will need a heater for inside. another 240.00. Then you need them mounted. Best bet is rent a SS with a enclosure, then heater and blowers are standard. Glow plugs are standard on most Diesel motors.
    I run a SS with a plow on the front. Works great. I hear that the pushers are nice for long runs. Good Luck

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Keep a window cracked so you or your operators dont get sick.

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

This also helps with keeping the windows defrosted. I'm not sure if you can do this with a soft cab or not. Maybe they leak enough to allow fresh air in?

Just to give you an idea on price, I've heard that retro-fitting a hard enclosed cab with door, wiper & heat is usually $2-2500 installed. Could be different for a Case though.

6. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

If you want to have a GOOD experience plowing with a skidloader then trade for one that has a factory installed cab w/ heater. Just my opinion.