1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st Western...Good bye Hiniker slowly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by exmark1, Sep 11, 2009.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I just ordered my first Western V-plow! We had a rain day and pulled all the plows out of storage for the heck of it, I found my 2005 Hiniker V-plow was absolutely destroyed by my driver last year!

The A-frame was broken in 3 spots, the tower appears bent, one wing is twisted etc... I filed an insurance claim and it's a total loss!

Since my Hiniker dealer is 2 hours away I am trying my first Western!

Is there anything to look out for good or bad on the new Western V-blades?

If I like it it's only a matter of time til all of my trucks have them! We talked them into free install and a total out the door price of $5090.13

2. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

post pictures of the damage

3. exmark1

I will tomarrow I didn't think to take any today. It's sort of hard to see since I haven't taken anything apart, the adjuster is coming Monday but it's a done deal to be a total loss repair costs to bring it up to factory spec is $4300.00 according to my dealer since it cracked part of the mount on the truck as well

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I think I would be going after the driver.......

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have used my Fisher XV (basically the same plow) for two seasons. It's a very nice unit to plow with. Do some reading around on the Fisher and Western Forums.

That price is less than I paid for my 8.5 SS XV two years ago.

6. exmark1

Can't prove it though...the truck was used by 2 different people the day it broke

7. exmark1

I got a deal from them since they are trying to get long term repeat business etc... figuring if I buy the first one and like it I will buy them again. At least that was what I was told by my friend who works there

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a western straight blades there the best