1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st time plow owner

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Hvysturg81, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Hvysturg81

Hvysturg81 Junior Member

Hello Everyone, purchased an 8 super duty straightplow RT3 ,will be mounted on a 02 ford F-250 Superduty just a few questions, any modifications need be done on the front suspension ? Ballast? I have a Space cap that carries a fair amount of equipment. any amount of advice would be appreciated thankyou
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Won't need much in preparation for the 8' super as they're not terribly heavy (for your truck). A little ballast in the bed and you'll be good to go.
  3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:
  4. Hvysturg81

Hvysturg81 Junior Member

Thanks for the info, used the plow the first yime tonight, plow works great but the lights aren't working had alot of corroded connections so i'm hoping it's something small. I'll have to buy a new set of tires as the bologna skins aren't working for the snow.Any suggestions what type I carry a pretty good load in the box at all times.