1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st time bidding, PLEASE help me thanks!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by HULK2184, Aug 3, 2009.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Hey everyone! i have plowed for years and this will be my first year on my own, so that means i need to start bidding:eek: a little worried about it, just wondering if anyone could help me out on this-

I figure that there is around 13,000sq feet(i think) havent ever done a storage place before im guessing they can be a pain but not sure.

What could be a good price to possibly bid this at?

Bid for plowing.jpg
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well at least you have the truck and plow for this job. Can you get your hands on a loader? Those ends will fill up fast.
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

are there curbs at the edges or can you push the snow easily in the grass?
  4. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

there are no curbs besides in the entrance a shortly after the gate but for the most part there isnt to many. I do have a buddy that is able to get on off another lot is i needed one.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think you missed a ZERO. 120ydsX120yds is 130,000sq'
    If the buildings cover 1/2 the area then you have 65,000sq' to plow.
    Those are long runs if you are moving all the snow to the end. Some of the runs have to be 500' or better.

There were some threads on here last year for storage units. I would try a search and see what you can find.