1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st snow of the year....are you ready

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Nov 11, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

the weather man is calling for a 2-4 incl total here in southern mass. I'm kinda ready are you guys?
  2. Ripple

Ripple Member

Yup I am ready....Need backup truck and some subs though!
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My self-imposed deadline to be ready was Nov.1st. :rolleyes: The plow is all ready to go. I still have to get the truck serviced and detailed, and have a new hub assembly installed on Tues. I'm taking ALL next week to try to get everything done and ready to roll. :nod:
  4. RON66106

RON66106 Member

Just picked up a load of road salt yesterday That was my final thing I needed to be ready "COME ON SNOW" if not for me in my area I hope the rest of you have the best year you could imagine. Ron
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Where in southern ma are you?
    They are calling for up to an inch of slush here, I will mount both plows tommrrow afternoon before the expected change over. Just in case, ive got an elderly lady who has alredy called me twice because she thinks we will get enough to plow. I doubt it will be anything plowable, if we get any kind of slush, i will scrape my own drive, thats about it.
  6. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

worcester area...latest channel 7 news at 6:00 was 3-8" for tomorrow into saturday.......
  7. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Ima ready if we get any. Hey Chris don't say nay yet, the squirrely looking weather guy on channel 7 says we are borderline 1-4 here in Randolph.
    Give a beep if you see the dark blue Jeep! :waving:
  8. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You lucky guys, I'm in a bad mood. First they said the sunapee area in NH could get around 4 inches of snow.

Now they are saying flurries. :realmad: :angry: :mad:
  9. bolensdriver

Also you know what sucks the worst? Lebanon, NH is just north of me and has had snow. And right below me is Keene, and they got snow. :cry: WHEN DO I GET SNOW?
  10. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I'm in the 2-4" section too, but I hope we don't get it. I'm still working on fall cleanups and don't have my salt yet and haven't staked yet. This is the only time I'm praying for rain!! :cry:
  11. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Just missing a few minor details. I am ready for the most part! :waving: I wish everyone a safe & great season!!
  12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have been ready for a LONG time :D Snow in the forecast for tonight and tommorrow.
  13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

It was not ecpected to turn to snow until later today...... but the radar shows the rain/snow line just south of me. Problem is no precip is hitting the ground yet. When it does it should be snow. Iam going to gas up and put the plows on right now. Not expecting to much, but whenever accumlation is possible iam redy.
  14. bolensdriver

:drinkup: They are calling for 2-4 inches in my area again. There's supposed to be only a narrow band of good accumalation of snow. the rest will be a slushy 1 - 2 inches.
  15. catskill

catskill Junior Member

first snowfall

yes,i am ready and waiting...hope everyone has a great year!
    and may the (force) be with you :drinkup:
  16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Still have a ton of leaf jobs and the leaf boxes on our trucks but my plows are ready to go. We are still waiting on a few parts for the spreader :rolleyes: .I don't think accumulating snow will reach this far down anyways so I'm not too concerned.The rain has been mixing with sleet all morning though.
  17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im in sw ct i sent power unit to be re threaded it wont back till next week so i hope this one stays more up noth corse i cant mount the blade and drive to my com lot with no power unit that would be fun :drinkup: :gunsfiring:
  18. bolensdriver

:cry: I hate weather channels. One hour they say snow, next hour it's cloudy they say. :cry: APPARENTLY, Western, NH will not be getting any snow. (We didn't even get a dusting when you guys in MA got one)... and southern NH :realmad: