1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st snow of the season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Been snowing lightly off and on today. Not much accumulation, but some on the gravel portions. Forecast 3" to 6" on the coast east of here about 30 miles. 2" predicted here. I have everyone on 3" triggers, but a couple have said I should use my own judgement, so may get to plow or sand some in the morning. :)

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Mick how do you like that new fisher v box?Do you like the design with the shute offset.

3. jlmac

jlmac Junior Member
    from Maine

Mick,

Amazing how different the weather can be in Maine. Like two different countries sometimes. Nice here in south! (Scarborough)Mid 30's no snow forecast till maybe Wednesday. Could use a small storm to tune things up a bit. Really hope you get that snow, sounds like your chompin at the bit to get goin.

4. Mick

from Maine

Hi, jlmac. Yeah, been ready for two weeks.

cat320, Vbox seems to be doing just fine. I had it hooked and running a few days checking it out. I kept it on a frame all summer in the garage that I would run the flatbed under to park it. So now all I have to do is crank the chainfall up a little, pull the supports out from under the box and let it down onto the bed.

Now, if only I could find a wheel loader real cheap...:(

5. Mick

from Maine

Turned out to be a big dud - 1". Went and checked early this morning. No need for plowing or sanding :( .

Oh, well, I suspect I'll get another chance before winter is over.

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

The weathermen dilema continues.... :rolleyes:

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

No snow at my place, however there was a bit of ice on the roads, so the salt trucks went out.

Geoff