1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st Snow of the season is here !! Sept. 26, 2010

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well boys & girls, the first snow of the season has arrived! Altho it's not much (maybe ½" or so), it's enough to turn the ground white. And we are currently under a winter weather snow advisory, with 1-3" more today, 4-8" more tonight, and 2" more tomorrow. If it all happens to the max (which it won't), that's a total of 13" in the next 24-36 hours! But even for around here,... it's still a little too early,... the ground isn't froze enough yet for anything to stick/stay,... and a foot of snow right now would make a terrible mess. but,.. it is pretty cool to see the first snow each year,.. :bluebounc:waving:

sno 1.jpg

sno 2.jpg
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

congrats AB....Have you gotten the trucks ready?
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We all hate you right now,lol Yeah you dont want a ton of snow on the ground at first, it acts like insulation and nothing freezes up under it.
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Although it is nice to see it I am soooooooooo jealous! Congrats!:waving:
  5. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

Please send this weather south. Haha :drinkup:
  6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

x2 on that. We need snow here now please! Good luck this year AB
  7. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Wow I hope we don't get that for some time yet, not ready for snow maybe in December though.
  8. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Always like to see your pictures. Thanks for posting them.
  9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'm ready!
  10. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

sawwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt it would be in your best intrest to take pics tonight:jester:
  11. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Thats awesome! We cant wait to get started!
  12. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Well.. it's been snowing all day,... and not a slushy-rain either,... nice light, dry flakes slowly drifting down,... but there's still too much heat in the ground yet for things to stick for good. This looks like a huge storm,.. at least in it's compass, so a lot of areas up here should be seeing flurries, and at the higher elevations, some real snow depth. Waking up tomorrow is kinda gonna be like Christmas,... wondering if Santa came & left anything,... :D:bluebounc:waving:

sno 3.jpg

sno 4.jpg
  13. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I am so envious. wish that was here well wait about two weeks lol I am refurbing my new to me spreader and hooking up my plow on Friday jut to make sure everything is still good to go. CONGRATS thoughpayup
  14. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

How long does it snow till in te spring?
  15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

16. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm so jealous right now.............
  17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

man all you guys saying you want that snow this early are CRAZY!!!
  18. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Well.. it's still snowing pretty hard yet as darkness starts to set in,... I had to make a short trip up the road this afternoon,.. and snapped a couple more shots of the snowy landscape, which went from autumn to winter overnight,....

sno 5.jpg

sno 6.jpg

sno 7.jpg
  19. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

WHAT! No plows on the trucks yet and already snow covering the windshields? LOL.

Around here people would act like that is a blizzard. You wouldn't be able to get within 500' of a grocery store...
  20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow! and I am still walking around in t-shirt and shorts here! I can't wait to see the first white stuff here