1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1ST Seasonal proposal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 07PSDCREW, Sep 7, 2011.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hey guys ....I just asked the manager if I could put up some flyers with the tear off tabs at this BRAND new shell station and he asked me if id be interested in plowing their new location. I said sure and told him i would come up with a price and see him on wednesday. Google earth has a picture from last year, so I filled in the general areas of where the station resides.

Blue is Gas pump canopy area
    White shaded is parking stalls
    Black is station
    Green dot is wide open proposed snow push area.

There are an avg of 20-25 events in a yr so I came up with a figure of 3200.00-3600.00 for the season and i was thinkin of 150.00 a push (My first time so go easy on me if its not right) The lot is approximately 26,500 square ft (Rough estimate)
    Would you guys call this a fair Bid? No salt or sanding or shoveling just plowing

berlin shell paint.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is this place going to be open 24hrs? If so you may to bump it up a little. Try not and propose that you'll push all the snow to one area because it will take to long. Remember it will take a little longer because of all the jerks that will pull in front of you.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Generally speaking "gas stations are cheap!"... if that price will work for you and you've estimated your time correctly then submit it...... you'll soon find out that not every business can survive on the same pricing structure...Good luck!

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks guys.... I am going to bring it to the manager now. I made a few tweaks to it.

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I worry about the fact that you dont salt or sand. Are they going to do that?. You want to make sure your not liable. I find that with gas stations its an extra amount of work because not only are they usually 24 hours but you have people who pull off the hiway to stretch their legs and fuel up and well are out of town perhaps and opps I slipped. And have lineups of cars !!

Ive never had a slip and fall but I have done a fair amount of gas stations. They are propbably the only ones that I ever worry about when I try and get some sleep.

We use up alot more salt at a gas station then most other lots.

6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

So you plan on pushing a gas station only once per event? I would have planned for at least two pushes per storm. If you get a few long storms, it won't take long before you are paying to push their snow.

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks cold and tired. Didn't think of that....duh! Now I have to re do it. It's a good thing the manager was out when I went in today.... I was told to come back at 15:00

Thanks again!

8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

No sweat. That's why these forums exist.

9. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

watch out for the filler caps ;-)

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You just dig them out of the debris pile in the spring!

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Lol. Don't worry....I read on here that it's best to shovel around the filler caps instead of plow. Which is no problem for me.

12. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

rude awakening if you hit one of those filler caps and good chance of breaking one....

13. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Luckly the place i plow their filler caps are in a spot where they park a car on them as per my request then i come back after the storm and we clean it up all nice after we move the car with no need to put the plow near the caps ;-)