1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st Plowing of the Season!!!!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by plowguy43, Nov 10, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Well, we got the plow truck setup at work and went to town with the lot cleanup.

Truck is a 2008 Chevy 2500 Ext cab Long Bed with a 7'6" Boss Superduty Trip Edge.

Just to clarify- I did not set this truck up nor did I think this was a good idea. I can't tell you how many time's I've said to crank the torsion bars....wesport

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats sad when a 3/4 ton truck looks that bad holding a 7'6''straight blade.
  3. plowguy43

I know I was kind of amazed when I saw it mounted up. I need to take a picture of the mount, its literally 3-4" off of the ground. I keep telling them to crank the tbars and the don't...I'm starting to think they don't know what I'm talking about (even though the ASE Tech has a Chevy with cranked tbars)
  4. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a chevy 2500 for ya.
  5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

needs some work.
  6. fci

fci Senior Member

That's the first low-rider plow truck.
  7. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

What are you plowing?
  8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Was there any weight in the bed?
  9. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

need some snow.:waving:
  10. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

Check plow spec's. maybe setup incorrectly and that could be another reason why it is so low. but definitely crank the torsion bars and even add timbrens to the front.:drinkup:
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck and nice plow. But like you said they need to crank up the torsion bars.
  12. plowguy43

I wasn't plowing anything, I was sitting in my office LMAO.

They were plowing Sand/mud that has washed down from the upper parking lot over the summer. Ended up with about 2 yards of sand pushed back up there with the plow truck.

No weight in the bed, no tbar cranks. This is just a lot/plow truck and that is it so the plow was tossed on (by the techs) and that was it. Funny part is the truck is registered out of Florida with Florida plates. Kinda funny seeing a Florida plow truck. Anyways, I'll probably have the guys bring it in and crank the tbars since they all seem so lost on how to do it.
  13. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

should have bought a dodge.........hahahahahahaha
  14. TSherman

TSherman Member

That looks like crap, I would hate to see it with a real plow and not that 7'6" beginner plow. Get yourself a Ford man, that is just sad!
  15. plowguy43

Seriously, we have the pick of whatever we want....I don't know why we took the ext cab long bed...

ram front.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  16. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care Member

dude wat do u do for ur real job
  17. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

My half ton 4x4 looks better than that!
  18. plowguy43

I'm a regional (NH and Maine) repair manager for a fleet company (primarily rental cars, but also lease vehicles/corporate vehicles etc.) Its a great job for a car nut.
  19. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

My 1500 Suburban squats less than that with a HD 75 SNOWDOGG!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

cranking th t bars some weight in the bed and possible some timbrens will do the trick