1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1st gen 2nd gen 3rd gen dodges

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sno commander, Dec 19, 2008.

1. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

waiting on some snow today, there calling between 8 -12 inches today. 1st gen is a 88 w-250 2nd gen is a 01 2500 gas and the 3rd gen is a 07 2500 5.9 diesel. ;)

dodge 022.jpg

2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Looks nice! Good luck with the storm!

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

that 07 is the best cummins ever! i was trying to find one like that when we were looking for a new truck,

my dad used to have an old w350 beast! it ran an aux hydro pump off a belt off the motor, he said that thing had so much power on the blade.

4. sno commander

from ct

thanks for the comments . i had a 01 dodge cummins 6 speed with a 8ft fisher and really liked it but once i heard about all the emmsions stuff i went out and bought the last of the 5.9. this one is one of the last 5.9 made because its build date is december 06 and they switched to the 6.7 the 1st of the year. im hoping it will be worth something someday :rolleyes: i also had a 84 w-250 with the hyd pump off the motor, it was great, just rev the motor up a bit and the plow ripped right along

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

WHAT A KODAK MOMENT !!! wow .. how technology has progressed in 20 yrs with design appeal !! Great setup !!

6. sno commander

from ct

yea my back feels the improvements in 20 yrs technology. i love the 1st gen but your back is killing you after a couple hours.

7. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

can i see some more pictures of that 2007 with the blade and/or with out. Im looking to get a dodge and just would like to see what they look like with blades. How well does it push snow and hold up to the abuse and plow? Looks great.. gotta love the cummins!

8. sno commander

from ct

look in the storm pics section i have some pics posted up there. as the truck goes its been great. its only got about 21k miles but no problems. the truck plows great. i have about 1000 lbs against the tailgate and never really had any traction issues. the truck squats about 1 inch with the plow on.

9. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Nice Dodges, one question though how high is your curtis when it is raised up?

10. sno commander

from ct

about 12- 13 inches. we have some steep drives so we cant really put it up any higher.. its a nice plow the only thing that is aggravating is the main plug comes loose when your back blading :gunsfiring:

11. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Im having trouble getting mine up higher, it just seems to low.

12. sno commander

from ct

isn't there like 3 different places where you can hook the chain to the bottom of the plow? maybe that will help if you havn't tried it. :confused:

13. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

They're all good my brotha;)

14. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

what kind of mileage are you getting with that 07?

15. sno commander

from ct

plowing my overhead console said 11 mpg.
    if im on the highway going 60- 65 i get about 19-maybe 20
    around town i average 16-18

16. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

thats real good, sorry for grillin ya with all the questions...im looking to buy a cummins in the spring so i like to know as much as possible before buying. thanks for answerin though

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Are all of those figures from the overhead display? I wouldn't trust them at all, mine are always high. Hand calculated mileage is the only way to know for sure.:cool:

18. sno commander

from ct

just the plowing figures were from the overhead. the rest were hand calc.

19. mowerkid01

mowerkid01 Junior Member

That last truck with the Western looks amazing!

20. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

think there will be a 4th gen made?