1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1km driveway using side by side

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by raffigb, Apr 18, 2016.

1. raffigb

raffigb Junior Member

Hey, new to this site
    I just purchase a new house on a 30 acre bush lot. I live outside of Torondo Canada. Average annual snow fall is approx 80 inches. The drive way is a gravel 1km laneway.
    I am thinking about getting a Can Am defender HD8 side by side with a 72" blade
    My question:

1) Is this a good side by side
    2) Will this machine be able to plow the laneway appropriately

Thanks for your time
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's your other options?
  3. raffigb

raffigb Junior Member

The property requires a side by side and a tractor. I would like to get the side by side first. Just need to know if it will plow the snow. If not I'll need a tractor first.
    Or I'm open for other options. Looked at the tool cat, but the are expensive
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Kubota RTV 1100 with a Boss V plow would be a better choice.
  5. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Personally id spend that money on a tractor first.. Best of both worlds.. Front loader for moving piles and snow blower for the lighter stuff.. The can am will push some snow but it wont push massive amounts of snow if it needs to... The kubota rtv's are nice but they are expensive.... Used ones go for 9-10k around here... Tool cats are nice! Guy I know spent 35k on his!! :dizzy: Too rich for my blood!
  6. raffigb

raffigb Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I am looking for an older tractor. I agree the kabota is nice as is the tool cat, but after buying a 30 acre property those will have to wait.. Lol
  7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

get something with a cab and heat!
  8. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Get a tractor, your gonna need it on 30 acres, not just snow but fallen trees, land clearing, mowing, grading pot holes the list goes on.....