1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 tahoe and western set up HELP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tphawk09, Sep 22, 2009.

1. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

just bought a western set up its off a 1995 chev 1500 the mount and every thing fits like a glove and im now trying to hooh up lights but the plugs r different from mine they r 3 prongs and my truck has fitted clips to the headlights is there anyway of making it work??? or do i have to buy all new wiring any help would be great

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I believe that you would try and splice in the correct connectors but what year did the harness come from and what year are you putting it on?

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like hes got a 2B/2D harness and has HB3/HB4 lights.

Iso modulation harness or relay harness?

You can cut and splice to make it work but you will be cutting into the truck harness. If its a relay harness you only need to change the cross harness (part #61716), iso you need to change both harness for the headlights (part #'s 26351 & 26352)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

the harness i have has relays it looks like 2 small black boxes and 2 male and female plugs i looked at the diagram but my lights have different plugs can i just run the light to a toggle switch and use them that way if i need them i just plow 38 lane ways in the neighbour hood thanks again

5. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

oh ya it was off a 94 cheve the mounts and everything fits like a glove just the wiring got my sctatching my head lol

6. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

sorry the post should of read 8 laneways

7. Crash935

You have a relay harness. Just need to change the cross harness (part 61716) and then no cutting inot the truck harness except for the marker and turn. Sure some one around here has one they could sell you for a good price, throw it out in the wanted for sale section.

If you want to go the route of cutting into the truck harness and use a toggle switch i can get you the wiring diagram to do it.

8. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

hi crash that would be awsome if u could send me the diagram my email adress is tphawk09@yahoo.ca

9. Crash935

email sent

10. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

thanks for the info