1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Tacoma with Boss utv V-plow

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by wallybob, Mar 2, 2014.

1. wallybob

wallybob Junior Member

I recently got my Boss utv plow mounted on my tacoma

I used the push beam from boss for the UTV and a truck mount from a western suburbanite. The plow works great and is sized prefect for the truck.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job I like it
  3. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

thats actually pretty clever. having a vplow without having it too heavy on a truck like that...
  4. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Looks good. What does it use for a controller?
  5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Nice job. Gonna put some lights on it?
  6. wallybob

wallybob Junior Member

It has a smart touch 2 remote just like Boss has on the larger plows. I do plan to put lights and turn signals on in the near future. Thanks for the comments!!
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Wow that looks awesome. Boss definetly hit the nail on the head with those UTV plows, they broke into a good limited niche for compact trucks and Jeeps, whether it was intentional or not. Big V plow look and features in a small package
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I saw one of those on this site with a light bar off a Sport Duty..probably something to think about
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sweet set up for you Tacoma. Once you put the lights on it, it will be perfect.
  10. calebtk

calebtk Junior Member

Great idea. I bet you can get into some tight spaces with that setup. Do you have any ballast in the bed of the truck?
  11. wislxer

wislxer Member

So awesome! I love it! I've got an 04 and would love to do the same. You got any action pics of this set up? Or even better any vid? I for one would love to see it in action.

And why doesn't Boss just make mounts for these small trucks for this plow?

They would sell twice as many of these plows to people with Tacos/Rangers/Colorados/Jeeps as they do to the few people who put these on UTVs.

Come on Boss! Are you listening?
  12. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

How much does this set-up weigh? This could be an option for my Gen 1 tundra. On another note, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost you?
  13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't put it on a full-size, its only a 6'6''. It weighs 400 lbs. For that weight you could just get a Fisher or Western HT or 7'6'' Sport Duty. A 7' Boss Sport Duty actually weighs less than the UTV V plow.
  14. wallybob

wallybob Junior Member

Thanks for all the comments!! Boss website specs the plow at 400lbs I bought the plow for just under $3000 with the smart hitch 2 option and rubber deflector I have another $400-450 in the hitch.

I have not installed the smart hitch option and do not think it is really needed with this setup. Sorry no action photos or videos. It will need a few hundred pounds in the bed and maybe a set of timber over load springs on the front. I did plow about 5" with out ballast and it did great.

I am still looking for some plow lights that are a reasonable price. Anyone have some suggestions?

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There is a guy on here that has a Jeep Wrangler with the same plow as you and he put a Sport Duty light assembly on his UTV plow.
  16. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I have looked into the boss sport duty as well. A good option, but I just wanted to see what it would be as far as weight compared to the sport duty.
  17. JROTN

JROTN Junior Member

Wallybob, I would like to try this on my 96 Tacoma. Could you give some more details about the setup or pm me? Thanks Thumbs Up

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Very awesome set up .nice lookin rig as well..
  19. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Looks good! Any pics with the plow lifter up??
  20. BossEric

BossEric Member

I think Boss does make mounts to fit the UTV plows on the mid sized trucks and suv's.I don't know if they're marketed and sold in the US. They are sold in the UK and Europe I believe, where the smaller vehicles are most popular because of the smaller roads. The parking and alley ways are also tougher to maneuver over seas. I'm not sure which trucks and suv's they make them for , whichever is most popular over there I suppose.