1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Silverado 2500 with a Unimount?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by crustyz11, Sep 28, 2011.

1. crustyz11

crustyz11 Junior Member

Hello everyone, i used to have a 1977 Chevy K10 with an old Western cable operated plow. I wanted something newer so i bought a 1999 Silverado 2500 (new body style) and found a used Unimount for a good price.
    Since i'm pretty new to all the more modern plows out there, i'm just not sure if the wiring is right for my truck. The plow came off a 1997 Chev K1500 so the wiring is set up with 2 relays for the headlights. After doing some research it looks like i'm supposed to have the Iso setup? Will the 2 relay setup work on my truck?
    Thanks in advance.

2. crustyz11

crustyz11 Junior Member

Anyone? Wow, i thought this site was full of helpful people judging by the research i'd done prior to joining. Was i wrong?

3. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

The iso module is just the relays in a weatherproof box. GM didn't change the headlight bulbs so i think you should be good to go.