1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 silverado 1500 wt

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Deerewashed, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

i found this 1999 silverado work truck on ebay motors. it has minor rust, and 115,000 miles on it. no power anything except steering. is it worth the 6 grand....you can find it on ebay. this truck would be a project. and if you think it is a good deal what should i do to it?
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

No way! I picked up a rust free 2003 silverado w/t last year for $4500. 6 grand is way too high on a 10 year old base model with rust...
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Price sounds high to me. Are you asking us what kind of project to build?
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I think its too much money myself. I got my 2000 Silv 2500 LS with power EVERYTHING and no rust for that much over a year and a half ago. If you could get it fro less it would probably be a fun truck to fix up and use as a daily driver or maybe put a small plow on it. Idt it would be much of a plow rig
  5. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I was just browsing autotrader and i cant find a truck that is 2000 or newer with decent miles for 6g's. But for 6 you should get something that has everything working
  6. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

well sort of i am asking if this is a good project. i am getting my license soon and want a plow truck. i dont have a budget for the truck itself but for the project part i have about 10 to 15 grand. wish there was a general truck forum to ask what a good project is.