1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 S-10 Zr2

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by itmon, Oct 22, 2006.

1. itmon

itmon Junior Member

I have a 1999 S-10 ZR2, I was wondering why every sno-way mount says (excludes ZR2)
    I realize the truck does set higher than a normal S-10 however nobody (dealer) can't explain any other reason it is excluded. Could someone help me with this issue? I have the plow I used on my nissan truck and loved it. I need to make this work on the ZR2.
  2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

what u will do is get the s10 mount and ur gonna have to make a spacer of some sorts to drop the mount down, as if u lifted the truck. so say u have a 2in lift u will have to make a 2in spacer....it will work with that....good luck post pics when its done..
  3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I had the exact same truck as you did before I moved up to my silverado. Basically you want to get some 2" square tubing and do exaclty like was just mentioned. The dealer that installed my first plow an 80" MT Series did just that. It worked great. You'll need longer bolts but thats it. Good luck!

4. itmon

itmon Junior Member

Thanks guys. I just got back from a dealer and they told exactly the same. I need to remove the skid shield, mount the back first and then see what size spacer it will require. They suggested to bolt the spacer to the trucks frame and then bolt the subframe to the spacer. They also brought to my attention that the 6' blade I used on the nissan won't work on the S-10 due to its width. Now it looks like I will have to find a used 80" blade or break down a buy a new one. I hope I can get this all done before the snow falls.
  5. I think there was some guy last year that had a zr2 and posted pics of his setup, do a search and see if you can find it.
  6. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

The frame on the ZR2 is wider then the standard S10. and the Control arms are relocated to help with the lift. But most of the suspension parts are the same.