1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel Tow/Plow Rig $7,000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by AiRhed, Apr 18, 2012.

1. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

The tow/plow truck is back up for sale.

1999 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually 4x4 with 260,000K miles 5spd Manual NV4500 Transmission 35x12.50R16 offroad terrain tires and Plow Package. Price for the package is 10,500. Price for the truck alone is $7,000 (with plow equipment removed) Price for just the plow with mount and wiring is $3,500.

Truck is currently set up to plow snow with a 9'2" Boss VXT. Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear. 35" Hankook Radial Mud Terrain tires that have been Siped for snow/ice. Custom 2" hubcentric spacers between the rear wheels to make room for the big Mud Terrain tires. HD steering conversion, Steering gear brace, Moog Trac Bar, Rockwell 4500 springs, Timbrens, AirDog II fuel preporator, Dual Odyssey PC-1700 batteries, John Deere Sticker, Spicer Ball Joints EVERYTHING IS GREASABLE....EVERYTHINGGGGGG! Nothing but very minor surface oxidation on the axles and bolts. There is NO rot on this truck at all. It was a Texas truck and I treat it seasonally with Fluid Film to prevent corrosion.

The Bad about the truck is that the interior is worn, Drivers seat is torn and worn, dashboard is cracked from installing new heater core before last season, dually fender is cracked, paints a little thin and worn. All in all it's a purpose built rig ready to push as much snow as you can handle or pulling heavy loads down minimum maintenance roads.

Please call with any questions and leave a message with your name and number if I miss the call. Text messages are also an option. Number is (7 Six 3) - 8 nine 8 - 6 Two 3 Five.

I will consider full or partial trades for Motorcycles, Jeeps, ATV's, Commercial Lawn Equipment, Landscaping Materials. Give me a call, text, or email to talk specifics.

Thanks,

Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Did the steering box brace help the steering at all? Thinking about getting one for mine

3. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Should have done it day one. I went through a sector or two per season. It's paid for itself twice by now... It also adds some torsional strength up front as it acts as another X-member.