1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ram 2500 Transmission question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by pmm, Apr 20, 2007.

1. pmm

pmm Junior Member

I recently purchased a 1999 2500 5.9 gas with a AT. It shifts smooth if you baby it, but if you have to plant your foot on the throttle it won' t shift at all. I recently got stuck in gear and I pulled over and put it in park and then back in drive and it came out of it. It was fine for the last mile of the trip and for the 35 mile trip home. I don't know if any maint. has been done to the tranny. Will a simple fluid/ filter change and band adjustment help or is it computer related. It has no tach so I can't monitor rpms. The truck has 77,000 miles on it. It has displayed this reving high in several gears and then comes out it. Any ideas or thought would be helpful.

2. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

That sounds like the same symptoms that mine had when I took it in.

Dealership repair bill states "Replaced Pressure sensor transducer in valve body of trans."

Whatever the hell that means...:confused: .

I also had the filter & fluid changed as well as the converter flushed and had the bands adjusted.

now it feels like a completley different truck (in a good way) wesport