1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ram 2500 4x4 not working

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Yoman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Yoman

Yoman Junior Member
    from Toronto

I have a 1999 Ram 2500 , Today i shifter to 4x4 lo or hi and doesn't work ??? How can i make it work ??? Pls help ....
    Thanks .
  2. TBJ

TBJ Junior Member

I had that problem with a 97. Found out the battery acid had eaten a hole in the cruise control vacuum line under battery tray. The hubs are vacuum activated.
  3. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

like he said above, vacuum activated, check the lines...i think they are red and black..... passenger side on the axle itself looks like a little motor

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

had this problem with mine last year, mine wasnt a vacumn line, i guess there is a small pin type thing that locks into the front axle to engage 4wd, mine broe and would go in sometimes, and pop out , then go in again for a bit, and pop back out, it was like a $3 dollar part, but it broke on me.
  5. Yoman

Yoman Junior Member
    from Toronto

Replace 4x4 plunger kit now 4x4 lo and hi is working but 4WD light not shut off when i running 2wd why ???? Any input ???? Pls help .....