1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 pontiac montana van

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blublzr, Aug 26, 2006.

1. blublzr

blublzr Member

if anyone can help me out with some info on replacing my rear shocks on my 1999 pontiac montana mini van. the shocks appear to have a airline i guess coming from them. is this something i can still do at home, i dont know anything about shocks with airlines. i think it has something to do with somekind of auto leveling. can someone shed some light on this for me.

thanks wil :dizzy:
  2. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Member

The shocks are air assisted for autoleveling, as you correctly guessed. The air line runs to an onboard compressor (I assume the van also has the air fill station in the rear to allow you to inflate air matresses, etc?). All you need to do is remove the air line before removing the shocks. The plastic fittings may be screw-on or they may use a spring clip. Be sure to take a close look at the fitting before removing it so you know which kind you have. Get the correct replacement shocks and the air line should go right back on.