1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Model Blizzard Power Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Central WA Plow, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Central WA Plow

Central WA Plow Junior Member

I just purchased two power plow units, and I'm hearing the first year plows had lots of problems. Any body have or hear of hydraulic problems? I already run 4 western plows and 1 Boss V-blade. I was thinking of replacing the Boss with a Blizzard Power Plow. Now I'm not sure. By the way, I got a heck of a good price on the Blizzard plows. Now maybe I know why. Any info on these plows would be great. I know that their are older threads on this subject, just wanted something new. By the way GREAT site!

2. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Your 1999 Model Blizzard Plows

If I were you, I would just call Blizzard and tell them that you just bought two 810 power plows 1999 models and you want to know what updates and changes have been made so you can update your plows to operate properly. They should help you out there.

3. Central WA Plow

Central WA Plow Junior Member

Updates

I've already have all the updates installed. Still, just a little concerned about the reliable of these blades on commercial jobs.

4. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

To be honest with you, I haven't heard a whole bunch about them performance wise, I do know that you have to be extra cautious around curbs with the way the blade ends tilt inward, it can be a very costly repair if you tweak those cylinders. Have you done a search yet on board to see if anyother currently plow commercially with the plow, if not, try that route.

5. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

The company I plow with has one on a f550 that they got last year and i remeber the first storm they had problems with it, all the connections at the pump where leaking and i think they ended up putting teflon tape on all the conections and that solved the problem. I think the problem may have even been caused by the driver, the guy was supposed to be shovling and somehow sombody let him drive the truck and i think he bashed something which caused the problem. anyway the rest of the season it worked perfect with no problems at all. I plowed with it a couple times and loved it. I wish I could put one on my truck but it's to heavy for my chevy. :(