1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 GMC Topkick

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieseld, May 20, 2011.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I am considering trading my Topkick for a new truck, and thought I would offer it here first.

1999 GMC Topkick. 7.4L gas, Allison automatic. A/C. 10' dump body. 10' Unimount plow, undertailgate salter. Central Hydraulics for the dump, plow and spreader. Corner strobes and roof strobe. Truck is in very nice condition and used everytime it snows as a salt truck. Hauls 12 yds. mulch in the summer, with sideboards. I am meticulous with my maintenance and this truck will not disappoint. As for the comments on the gas motor, I have no issues with it. Simple, starts everytime, and cheap to run vs. a diesel with plenty of power. But this is not a daily driver for my company. 126K miles. I will have a guy who plows with me hopefully get pics up today. Asking $12.5K. Located in Chicago NW suburbs. Truck is black/gray interior.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Bump for a nice looking truck! Good luck in the sale... should make someone a great truck (maybe me!)

4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Thank you. Forgot to mention it is the 26K GVW. Tires are also great shape, and are 22.5".

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

yes i will second that very sweet truck looks like it just came off the showroom floor and has never seen work. i bet the intereior is just as nice. does it have air or hydraulic brakes? at the 26 gvw looks like any one could drive it leagaly with out a cdl.

6. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

truck

2wheel drive?

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. Turns on a dime.

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

5500 or 6500

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

5500 if it's a 26K GVW

10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

It is a 6500.

11. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

Nice looking truck, does it have air brakes? Is it standard or auto? Could you send me some more pics please to yates3801@yahoo.ca thanks.

12. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

The ad said the transmission was an Allison automatic. It most likely has hydraulic brakes with a 26K GVWR. (9000lb. or 10000lb. +17500lb. axles)

13. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Yes, the truck is a 6500. It has hydraulic brakes and stops awesome, in my opinion. It is 26K GVW. It is in VERY nice condition. As I said origianlly, I can promise this truck will not disappoint. I am simply needing to move on with a new one as it is time for me as I usually keep trucks for 5 years and replace them. This was my first foray into the medium duty market and has been an awesome money maker for me. To the people who have PM'd me for more pics, please let me know what more you would like to see, and I will be happy to provide them. I wish I knew how to post here but I cannot seem to grasp it. The truck is as clean as it looks. I take all my trucks to the detail shop after storms. I am available to anyone who wants to PM me a phone number to discuss it. Plow works excellent, but we have only plowed with it twice, as it was a dedicated salt truck for us. Thanks for looking.

14. KBY Landscaping

KBY Landscaping Junior Member

Bump. This truck is in incredibly great shape, 12.5k seems like way too low

15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nice truck!

16. kuhndogg

kuhndogg Junior Member

Nice truck for the price. Free bump

17. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Interested - please send me photos of underbody, motor, and interior.

northbrook@wi.rr.com

Thanks

18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Is this still for sale?

19. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I still have the truck. This price listed here was for a quick sale in the spring. At this point I might just keep it for this coming season. Or put it up for sale the end of October.

20. 99tjer

99tjer Junior Member

. I'm in the western burbs, and would like to view the truck if still for sale. Thanks. Email me at dukesownr@yahoo.com