1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 GMC 1 ton 4x4 dump low miles $8k

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Selling a 1999 GMC 3500 4x4 82,000 miles. Power windows and locks, auto trans, 7.4 gas motor. Runs and drives great, 4x4 works, dump bed works great. Metal side extensions on dump, welded the whole length. 10' box with an elec hoist. Pretty clean overall. Tires good and will make it through a season easily. This would make one hell of a plow truck. There is no plow or truckside currently, I didn't look closely to see if there were any signs of it ever having one.

The bad:
    .....needs power window switch on drivers side and panel cover
    .....seat torn on drivers side
    .....needs some welding on bed. A couple of rails need patched with some angle as well.
    .....drivers door showing some rust
    .....front tires a little more worn than the rears

Here are all of the pics I took. I tried to show every possible flaw.

It's for a friend. He is a dealer and this will have to be charged IN 6.25% sales tax. I can try and negotiate price with him a little to help out.

$8,000

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I may actually have the door parts, maybe even the whole door in better shape I can include. I know it's there, but it may be accounted for.

7. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Interested. Bed needs some serious attention. Looks like whole new floor is needed. Hows trans and 4wd?

8. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

If this was an HD I would be on my way to get it from you right now. But I am still interested

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya bed is so so. I don't think it's bad but that's just b/c I'd fab it myself and it wouldn't cost much. The entire liner isn't shot, it's really just the edges are torn at the welds (toward the back) and the front corners are going. I'd just use a pice of 6-8" plate the length of the bed on the left side and weld it at an angle......and cut out the rot that's there. The bottom rails could be strengthened easily with some angle. There are a couple of sections that are going that is hard to see in pics, (it's the part that has angle now that someone halfassed). I think the bed has a lot of potential, especially cost effectively with a little bit of fabbing skills.

If it were an HD, it wouldn't be a 4x4 ;)

Trans and 4wd are great

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bed holes and door switches fixed. $7k takes the truck. I'm sure we can all agree that's a great deal.

My buddie actually had decided to keep it is why I never bumped it up. He is clearing out some of his vehicles and stuff and decided to try and sell it again. He bought a cheaper beater truck to plow his drive with so he really doesn't need it. That and the truck he bought will work better for hay for his horses vs the dump.

Trades are also welcome. He buys wholesale so please keep that in mind when it comes to pricing. He has no problem taking a half price trade if it helps make someone able to buy the truck..........especially if it's something he can flip quick for the same money.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Can you email me some more pictures? bucketreo@gmail.com Interested to see how it looks now!

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I don't have any more but will try and get some. Looks the same but with door switches and a patched bed lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.