1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ford F-250 battery help!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PropertyTech, Jan 28, 2010.

1. PropertyTech

PropertyTech Junior Member

I have a 1999 ford f250 super duty gasoline. Can someone please help me find the air box relocation kit to add dual batteries like the diesel f250. If anyone can send me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Damon
    PropertyTech, LLC

2. PropertyTech

1999 ford f250 super duty

IMG_0688.jpg

3. kj330

kj330 Member

i made my own tray and just put a coincal k & N air filter on it. take the factory box off.

4. PropertyTech

Thanks man i'll give that a try

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a factory battery tray from a Super Duty Diesel for the driver’s side. I got it online (20 bucks cheaper than local Ford dealer). I have not started my project on this yet. I am going to do it in the Spring on my 02 Superduty (5.4) as we have had no snow anyway. Here are the issues of what I have found:

There are 3 items in the way if bolting it to the factory location:

First is the charcoal canister. This will be moved to the vertical bracket underneath the air filter. Not a big deal.

Second is the air filter housing. The battery will hit this. However, I am thinking of modifying the battery tray so it mounts closer to the inner fender approx 2” (this should allow the air filter housing to clear the battery). This will entail cutting off the mount bracket with the 2 bolt holes and re-welding it back on the battery tray to bring it in closer. When you do this, now the battery may hit the power steering reservoir, which leads to the third issue.

The power steering reservoir might need to be moved over 2 inches toward the fire wall. This will be easy, where I just have to make an adapter bracket. I am going to make this looks as factory as possible with no extra holes drilled in the truck anywhere. Many ask why go though all the pain. Answer: cause I can.
    T.J.
    I will start a new post when I do this.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict