1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ford expedision

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2002ws6m6, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 2002ws6m6

2002ws6m6 Junior Member
    from ontario

is a plow okay for the air suspension :confused:

2. 2002ws6m6

2002ws6m6 Junior Member
    from ontario

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

the air suspension is only in the rear

torsion bars in the front

cardoctor

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Take a look at a Snoway.They are lightweight.

Do a search on here,it has been discussed recently.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Your truck can handle a smaller plow. 7ft or 7.5ft would be just fine. Add timbrens to help the suspention:)

6. Bow Hunter TJ

Bow Hunter TJ Junior Member

Not true all the time the 99 and newer 4X4's came with air ride suspension just like the Navigators that lowers the whole car down for entry and raises it after 10 MPH. and then raises it even more when you lock it into 4 low... the rear is heavy duty air bags made for towing the front consists of torsion bars that does not support the weight of the truck and air shocks that do!! I would think the air shocks would not be heavy enough for a plow but maybe you could tighten the torsion bars and let them take more of the weight... this was an option so you might not even have it in the front???? Look and see is it just regular shocks or air shocks??

7. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I have the air suspension in both the front and rears of my 01 expedition. I have hooked up my 6 ton trailer, and New holland ls170 to my truck and she leveled out fine. I don't think it was designed for all that weight but it works...

8. 2002ws6m6

2002ws6m6 Junior Member
    from ontario

this was an option so you might not even have it in the front???? Look and see is it just regular shocks or air shocks??
    yes i do :(