1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 ford diesel problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmtruckerboy, Mar 11, 2009.

1. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

:cry: I have somewhat of a problem with my 1999 ford f-250 diesel pickup truck, the thing will not smoke for nothing I put my foot to the floor but nothing. There is no chip in the truck's computer and the only thing that was done to it that I can see is a K&N air filter? Could someone help me out please becuase I am putting on stacks and with is stack without having smoke porring out them!

2. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

While it looks cool, I wouldnt really be complaining if your truck doesnt smoke black, because its wasted fuel.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is your truck old enough to smoke?

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I think they look stupid when they smoke JMO

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, also smoking increases heart attacks by 400%.

6. cretebaby

It's just getting so dang expensive too:D

7. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

8. cretebaby

9. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I think we kind of ruined this guys thread lol.

10. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

anyone try a cohiba?
    They smoke real nice.

11. cretebaby

On topic

Neither of my 7.3's smoke

They are both stock

12. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

theyre not supposed to smoke i dont see why its a problem

13. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

My bosses old 99 7.3 would only smoke when it was cold in the morning.

14. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

if you want it to smoke upgrade your injectors and get a tuner

15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

then put $3000 on the side for a new trans, bucause once you put theoversize injectors and computer tuner in it, you will blow the trans.

16. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

K&N filter

K&N filters in the stock air box is gonna cost you a turbo too. The airbox design is poor at best on the early and late 99"s.

Ugh, where to start on a truck like that.........It would be fun to build it up with the other guys checkbook! With the trans included, I spend about $6500 doing mine.

17. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

Thanks guys I know that if my truck does not smoke that I will save money but what if someone is driving really close to your truck and if you slam on your brakes that the person would hit you, would you want them to figure out that you do not tailgate with me.

18. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

i seen someone do that following a cummins boy did they get introduced to some black smoke lol

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My friend has an 02 stroker with a chip and it only smokes if you roll into the throttle gently while in over drive. Basically anytime there is low boost he can get a little puff. However if he just stands on it there is no smoke like you are saying you want.

20. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

check this rig out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSfU4LRPVA

a few of my buddies had older cummins' with stacks that smogged pretty bad, i really dont care for it because then anything you tow or have in the bed gets saturated with soot. also i dont think my customers want to see my truck lugging and blowing smoke around town or on their lots. i do like it at truck pulls though