1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Ford 550 PSD No Marker Lights or Dash Lights But Headlights Work

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by diesellandscape, Feb 7, 2012.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

99 550 psd auto dump truck

Lights and everything worked fine last time we parked it a week and a half ago. I went to go out salting the other night and the dash lights and marker lights are not working. I checked every fuse and even switched a few out.... Nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas before i send the truck out to an electical shop?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

could be your headlight switch,,,not uncommon for those to go out. ck pwr coming into the swich,,then turn on the parking lights,,,ck for pwr coming out the parking wire coming out supplies all parking light pwr for the whole truck. if that dont work,,i can ck the wiring schematic for my 03,,might work

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

check the interior light dimmer is not turned off..

4. dieselss

Dimmer won't cause no marker lights outside the truck

5. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

I have my mechanic picking a new switch up at 730 in the am. Were going to try to plug and play. I was thinking a switch myself. I will let you know how it goes

6. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I have a similar issue. I got parking lights and markers, but no dashlights. No fuse problems either. Mine is a 99 F450. I think its the switch but didn't get a new one yet to replace it. Let us know if the switch does the trick.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is what i thought too until 3 pm saturday. dimmer off, cab lights and dash lights off.

but a new light switch and pigtail fixed that. someone got in there and screwed the wiring up.

8. dieselss

Ohhhhhh. I can see that happening....hate when people do wiring that shouldn't!!

9. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

It was a $64 light switch

10. dieselss

Cool,,, Glad ya got it lightin again

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

She rides again. Workin right!